Adult Volleyball Leagues
Bluegrass Sportsplex Volleyball League Rules
House rules (based on USAV):
- Players may only be rostered for 1 team per league group
- During regular season players may sub for another team within their league only if both Team Captains agree with the sub. Player may not act as a permanent sub during season. This is only when a team is short players.
- Any contact with the net between the antennae is a violation.
- Any part of the body crossing the center line, except the hands and feet which must have contact with the center-line, is a violation.
- Weekly play is two sets to 25 (cap 27) and a third set to 15 (cap 17). (Time cap of 90 minutes. If third set is not done within 90 minute window then the team winning at the time will be declared winner)
- Forfeit rule is 5-5-5. Teams have 5 minutes from the scheduled start time to show up before the first set is forfeited. At the end of the period, there is a 5-minute window before the 2nd set is forfeited and then repeated for the 3rd set.
- Maximum 6 players, minimum 4 players to play. Two females must always be on the court.
- In COED leagues, if there is more than 1 contact of the ball a female contact must occur.
- We will supply refs as often as possible for COMPETITIVE LEAGUE. If a ref is unavailable for a Competitive League game then teams will play with honor system.
- Recreational league will not play with refs.
Games on Fridays. Game start times range from 6:00PM-9:30PM. Registration Fee $450 Competitive and $375 Recreational per team. Registration balance must be paid in full before first game. Players must be on original roster before first game. Players can only play on one team per League Group. **If we do not have enough teams to complete a league group we may combine league groups.
Minimum 8, (one game per week) We plan to schedule double-headers to allow more games. Expect to play up to 12. The total number of games will be determined once registration closes.
NO GAMES MARCH 19th
League Info and Policies:
- Maximum 8 players per team
- Maximum 6 players, Minimum 4 players on court
- 2 Females must always be on court. Players must be 18 years old or older. Teams supply their own uniform
***COVID SAFETY PRECAUTIONS***:
Masks must be worn at all times while in the building unless you are playing a game. Please practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet between you and others in the facility.
All games will start on time regardless of how many players are present from your team. We must stick to our game schedule which allow for us to clean/sanitize player areas in between games.
REGISTRATION CLOSES MARCH 2ND
SCHEDULE WILL BE RELEASED MARCH 3RD